Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Poppy Kitsch not from Kia

UPDATE: I Fixed the Linx.

First off a big Ciao and Hello and Hola and Bonjour and Guten Tag to my European friends that have been checking out the blog this week. What better way to hold on to my Euro-readership than to make a completely lazy post in which I make a couple links to things that I found on the internet that I think are funny? For your amusement:

Matt Stone and Trey Parker of South Park fame were commissioned (I hear $2 million) by Shockwave in 2004 to create an internet cartoon using Flash. The title of the series was "Princess": the tale of a pretty Shit-Zu who wears a bow. Shockwave execs watched a couple pilots, vomitted, and then refused to pay the animators. See why here.

The second item of heady uselessness is from Salon columnist Kenneth Cleaver. I came across Cleaver while going through my co-worker's desk. She is pretty hip and usually has Tic-Tacs so her desk is a trove too mysterious to deny. Basically, Cleaver writes letters to corporations posing as a concerned consumer with some insane issue he wants to take up with a rep. The funny thing is that they always respond. I like a letter sent to Red Devil Inc. titled "I love your caulk." Check him out here.

That's all for now. I will come back with some more heady shit once graduation is over and I stop drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory Add Your Blog